Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Favorite Things: Part 3

As you may start to notice, my favorite things series is quite carbohydrate heavy. You might ask why this is so let me explain. Since graduating from college (almost) 3 years ago, I realized that many of the foods I love most and eat frequently can't be purchased in a box or bag. In fact, most of them can be bought at my favorite farmers market at various points throughout the year!

I believe that whole grains are an important part of a healthy diet as long as there are plenty of legumes, nuts, vegetables, and fruits to go along with them. Today's favorite item, along with the others discussed on Gluten Free Grazer this week, is a great accompaniment to a salad, a veggie platter, or dipped in hummus. Mary's Gone Crackers are crunchy, flavorful, whole grain crackers that I actually discovered in college and have encouraged many people (including Mom and Dad) to incorporate into their pantries!


I don't often snap too many pictures of these crackers, simply because I can't wait to enjoy them with some hummus or salsa for an afternoon snack!  I've also crumbled them on top of salads for added crunch and flavor.



These crackers come in 4 or 5 flavors, my favorites being the black pepper (which has a nice kick to it) and caraway. Since I usually eat a small handful at a time, a box of these lasts me for a while!  If you prefer a "chip" over a cracker, they make a pretzel-rod inspired treat called Sticks and Twigs in a few fun flavors as well.

You may also recall that the folks at Mary's sent me a new product to try out recently. The company is developing a couple of flavors of cookies, which I can attest are delicious as well!


Whether packing for a summer picnic, prepping some party hors d'oeuvres, or simply looking for a tasty crunch, I love these crackers and am sure to always have them on hand!

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried those - the black pepper one sounds amazing! I will have to keep a look out for this product!

    ReplyDelete