Saturday, March 6, 2010

Worked hard for the weekend

Happy Saturday!  The sun is shining and it's supposed to be in the 50s this weekend. Woohoo! It feels so nice to be back for another weekend. This week was intense, especially adjusting to life in the spaceboot. I'm a quarter of the way complete into my 2 week treatment! Also, make sure to check out my tips for staying healthy at work!

Last night I met my friend L for dinner - it's been a few weeks since we'd hung out and had lots to catch up on! We chatted for over 2 hours and enjoyed some delicious Thai food.  I had the vegetarian pad thai (and brought half home) and L enjoyed pad see eiw with chicken.

 

 


I passed out early last night and got 11 hours of sleep!

Earlier in the day I enjoyed some jazzed up leftovers - a salad with almonds, dried cranberries, and a bit of feta. Plus leftover tofu from lunch Thursday over some rice and seaweed, along with kale chips and carrots.



I treated myself to some bbq chips, along with an apple for a snack. These reminded me of my old work Friday snack!



Thursday seems like a blur to me. It ended up being a pretty rough day. Much like doctors typically say the 3rd day after surgery is the worst, it was the day I seemed to have the most issues coping with my injury so far. My leg muscles were tight, my cast has bruised my leg, and I was having some adjustment issues. I'm feeling much better (for now). It's been hard being forced to break out of my usual routine!

On to bigger and happier things! I'm off to enjoy the weather and to spend some time on the stationary bike. I rode it for an easy 20 minutes on Thursday and it made my leg feel so much better! It felt great just to get to use my leg muscles for a bit. Hopefully today will bring the same results!

To fuel me for my "ride" and weights, I whipped up some french toast this morning. I mixed 1/4c unsweetened almond milk with 1 egg white, a bit of chia seeds, and some cinnamon. After soaking the bread and cooking in a frying pan, I enjoyed this weekend breakfast alongside a pear with 1/4 of a plum drizzled with PB.



Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. OH LOVE THE BLOG!!
    kale chips ROCK :) thx sarah for the great suggestion

    ReplyDelete