Monday, March 1, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

I'm not sure what it was about the past weekend, but it was pretty great. I baked some muffins and hamantaschen (a festive cookie for Purim), spent time with friends, cleaned and organized my apartment, celebrated Purim, watched the US vs. Canada hockey game, rested my foot, and relaxed. It was a great 48 hours.

And now it's March! I have a feeling that good things are on the horizon. The sun is already shining and DC is expecting for it to be 50 degrees today (it's been over a month since that's happened)! I'll believe it when I see it but I just know that spring is on its way :-D

Yesteray's lunch was veggie filled: a salad topped with orange bell pepper and almonds and a plate of roasted carrot and parsnip plus hummus and crackers.

 
I then headed over to a friend's apartment to watch the hockey game. Sports are always more fun to watch with a group! Sadly, the US didn't win but it was an exciting game to watch.

I was starving when I got home and munched on an apple as I cooked dinner - vegetable fried rice and some sushi. I added cashews instead of tofu for some protein and healthy fat in the rice.




As I watched the closing ceremonies, I enjoyed a hamantaschen and a lil' less than a serving of soy ice cream with some blueberries and almond butter.
 
 


This morning, in keeping with the theme, I had hot cereal with blueberries and almond butter. Yum!  Off to work - it's going to be a long day for me.


Do you get excited when a new month begins? When a new season is soon approaching?

No comments:

Post a Comment