Monday, March 15, 2010

Back in the saddle again

I got to go back to the office today which was a nice change of pace from waking up and parking it on the couch for the day! I did struggle a bit to wake up though - after a busy weekend it appeared as though my body wanted more than the 8 hours of sleep it got. Was anyone else feeling a bit groggy today? It seemed like the norm, perhaps of daylight savings...

In my haze, I had one of my favorite things for breakfast: PB&J hot cereal! Made with 1/4c almond milk, 1/2c water, 1/2T chia, and cinnamon. Plus, my standard egg white. I forgot to take a picture, but you can see another bowl of it here.

Lunch was eaten at my desk: leftover kale chips and mixed bean soup that I made last week.



A yummy apple for snack. I've noticed that since I started incorporating almond milk and chia seeds into my diet, I seem to stay satiated for longer and graze a lot less. I'm not sure if it's a mental thing or if there's some science behind it, but it's an interesting observation.


I came home determined to get in a bit of exercise, somehow. I've been lifting weights every so often but was in the mood for something else. Thankfully, I found Winsor Pilates on YouTube! 20 minutes later I was feeling much better and quite hungry!

I snacked on my remaining sushi pieces (3) while cooking dinner - stir fry noodles!


First, boil rice noodles according to the directions on the package (about 6 - 8 minutes). As they are nearing completion, heat a frying pan sprayed with cooking spray and add your veggies. After a couple of minutes, add a splash of vegetable broth and garlic powder. In the meantime, drain and rinse your noodles. Once the vegetables have softened and are starting to brown, add the noodles to the pan along with your sauce. Tonight I used gf soy sauce and sprinkled 1/4 teaspoon of organic sugar (going for more of a pad see ew taste). On Friday night, I had combined 1T soy sauce with 1/2T peanut butter for pad thai. Move the mixture to one half of your pan and spray the empty side with cooking spray. Add your egg (I used 1.5T egg white), let it set, and then scramble. Once it's firmed up, combine with the noodles and vegetables, stirring for a few more minutes, then serve.

I topped my noodles with hot cause and 1/3T crushed almond slices. The best thing about this dish is that it's completely customizable to what you have on hand - tofu, edamame, leftover veggies, etc. And it takes about 20 minutes to cook!



My snack tonight was a pear drizzled with cinnamon and PB and about 1/2c cereal to snack on while doing some computer work.


In case you missed it, check out my favorite thing #1! And, get excited for F.T. #2 tomorrow!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment