Sunday, May 23, 2010

Who Knew?

Don't you just love when you stumble upon something unexpected and wonderful? Well, that sums up part of my adventure yesterday with my friend Shelby.



We had made plans to explore the Fiesta Asia festival taking place downtown near the Capitol and then walk over to Eastern Market for our favorite pickles and olives from a local vendor.

On our walk over, we stumbled upon the US Botanical Garden in the shadows of the Capitol. We decided to peruse the garden since neither of us had been there before and were we glad we did! Everything inside was gorgeous - vibrant colors, different species of flowers and plants, and a welcomed "escape" right in the heart of the city. Here are some pictures from our adventures:



It was just a short walk across the Capitol grounds over to the market where we picked up some goodies and walked around exploring the neighborhood for a bit. It feels like I'm quickly making up for lost time with each visit to the neighborhood!

This day of adventures was the perfect start of a goal I have leading up to my 25th birthday. I'll be writing more on that this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment