Thursday, May 27, 2010

Almost there!

I don't know about you but I am definitely ready for the weekend. I have a lot going on that I'm excited about and can't wait to get the good times started!

The past couple of days have been pretty normal. There were 2 delicious bowls of hot cereal - one with mixed berries and one with blueberries. Despite the warm temperatures, I still find this breakfast to be satisfying and delicious and will enjoy it for as long as I can. It always fuels my mornings!



Lunches were actually almost identical. A huge salad with local beets, carrot, 1/4c white beans, a few olives, dressed with dill, oregano, and Annie's lite honey mustard dressing. I had a few Mary's Gone Crackers (black pepper flavored) on the side  and beet greens yesterday and a cup of asparagus today.



Afternoon snack yesterday before pilates was 1/4c plain non-fat yogurt with a few frozen berries on top and today I had an orange and a slice of toast with ~1/3 of a slice of provolone.



Dinner last night was kind of blah except for the pear and English muffin I had. I ate half with cheese and hot sauce and half with Earth Balance. I then proceeded to eat some brown rice mixed with almond milk, raisins, and cinnamon (rice pudding style) simply because I wasn't satisfied. Mindless munching at its best :-)



Dinner tonight, on the other hand, was delicious and made use of the other bunch of beet greens I had in my fridge. I cleaned and cut them up and sauteed them in a non-stick sprayed pan with 1/4c chopped onion, 1 diced carrot, and 2 cloves of garlic.  I set aside the sauteed greens and then cooked up about 1 cup of broccoli and bell pepper strips. Once they were heated through, I added in about half of the beet green mixture and some GF soy sauce. Stir fried it for a bit and addd 1/4c cooked brown rice and a serving of tofu that I roasted up. It was so good and I like the pictures of it as well!



I'm thinking dessert will be some chocolate soy ice cream with strawberries but we shall see.

What's a favorite meal of yours that turned out surprisingly well? Something that you imagined working out that fell short?

No comments:

Post a Comment