Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Summer Girl, Always

I truly believe that no matter where else I live, I will always compare the weather (and warmth) to that of Texas. What can I say, long summers warm me up and I yearn for beautiful summer days!  What about you? What's your favorite season?

Yesterday the office closed early and I headed off to PT session #2, which involved heat, ultrasound, some stretches and massage, and an ice cool down. From there, since I was dressed for it, I walked to the gym and did Day 3 of the Intro to Iron Pumping plan. My abs have been loving all of the attention this week and are quite sore, which is a good thing!

I took advantage of the free time to clean my apartment and do laundry (hey, it has to get done sometime) and then spent the night at 2 friends' housewarming party. It was great!

Today's been another enjoyable one as well. I think having Monday off is making this feel like a little summer vacation and my schedule is packed. I had a light breakfast this morning because I slept til 10am and had lunch plans at 1. It was easily 10:30 before I got up and got my act together.

This bowl is a chopped pair with 1/4c Greek yogurt, ~1tsp TJs AB sauce with almond milk and a pinch of chia seeds.



I had lunch with my former boss in Georgetown and then decided to walk back the long way, through the main drag to continue enjoying the day.  After a few errands, I went back to Georgetown to see the movie Letters to Juliet.

Snack in between errands and the movie was an egg white and piece of toast.


The movie was a sweet romantic comedy and was everything you would expect it to be. I did enjoy getting to stare at the Tuscan countryside for 2 hours as well!

On my walk home, I got a really strong craving for Thai and I knew I didn't want to get take out. Instead I concocted a play on Pad See Eiw, one of my favorites.

I boiled some rice sticks while I made my sauce. It included GF soy and teriyaki sauces, a pinch of sugar, and garlic powder mixed together.


In a non-stick sprayed pan, I cooked up some broccoli and bell pepper strips. Once soften, I added some leftover cooked beet greens mixture, fresh basil from my plant, and 2oz of tofu plus half a serving of the rice noodles. I stirred to mix everything evenly and then added my sauce and cooked til it had all been absorbed. It was quick and easy and tasted great as well!



I had this alongside a small side of kim chi.


And then ate a peach with a bit of ice cream from the carton while talking to a close friend on the phone. It was good to catch up!


Tonight I'm off to see friends and then tomorrow the fun-filled weekend continues! The fact that summer's here makes me so happy, in such an inexplicable way.

Do you find yourself affected by the weather? By the seasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment