Thursday, May 13, 2010

Food on my Mind

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they think about food throughout the day? In some form or another it's always on my mind. Whether it's deciding what to have for a meal, reading blogs, writing or researching for my own blog, searching for recipes, deciding where to go for lunch or dinner, and wondering if I packed enough gluten-free snacks with me, the topic is always fresh. Perhaps this is the life of a healthy-living / allergy blogger? Or someone who enjoys food for the tastes, emotions, and memories that's associated with it? Whew... anyone else feel this way?

I started my day with blueberry hot cereal topped with 1/2 T PB and a few crushed almond slices with an egg white.



I didn't think about food for the first part of my morning but did have a couple of meetings to go to aka food distractions :)

Lunch was a special treat - I met up with another woman on my sorority's board for a quick and easy lunch where we chatted about many exciting things coming up in the next few months. We ate at Au Bon Pain and I had a simple side garden salad with a small cup of the gluten free, vegan black bean soup.

A little while later food entered my brain again and I ate the leftover salad from my lunch yesterday. There was maybe 2.5c of lettuce and veg left, no beans.

And a while later I had an apple with a smear of almond butter.

After work my apartment was in dire need of some tidying, dish washing, trash emptying so that's what I did for an hour and half until I felt order had been restored ;)

I had one of those nights, where after thinking about food for much of the day, I had not a clue as to what to cook for dinner. After staring into my fridge a few times, I decided to use up a lot of produce that still remained inside of it.

In an non-stick sprayed pan, I sauteed a diced carrot and half an onion, chopped, until tender. Then I added a sliced zucchini and chopped tomato. Just before the mixture was cooked through, I added 2 handfuls of spinach, garlic powder, paprika, and 21 Seasoning Salute from TJs.


I ate half of the mixture inside of a gluten-free brown rice tortilla with the last serving of Cuban black beans topped with a bit of cheese.


Dessert was a pear topped with cinnamon and PB plus a few nibbles from the almond butter jar from he and ~1/3 cereal.



I'm hoping to get to bed early (well, after Grey's) because my ~7.5hrs of sleep haven't been enough this week. I've been waking up in the middle of a REM cycle :-/  To end this post on a positive note - tomorrow's Friday! And, whether it was on my mind or not, there were some good eats and other great parts of my Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment