Friday, May 7, 2010

Back in Action

Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that the monitor on my old laptop died and in order to fix it, I was going to have to send it into the manufacturer, replace the motherboard, and not be guaranteed that it would last me for a long period of time. The good news is that after doing my own cost-benefit analysis, I decided to forgo repairs and purchase a new laptop!

After 75 minutes with a personal shopper at the Apple store (the best service btw) I took the plunge and have purchased my very own MacBook Pro!  This is definitely not a decision I entered into lightly but after hearing wonderful things from friends, family, and my mom's IT company, I knew it was time for me to make a smart technology investment and purchase a laptop that will (hopefully) last!

I hope to update you all on my week and share those long-awaited Embassy Tour pictures from last week with you all. I did not take food pics this week but trust me, you didn't miss anything too exciting. I was preoccupied stressing over technology!

It was nice to not have a choice in unplugging after work every night and perhaps one of my May goals will be to budget my time I spent on my computer. That may be a challenge though because I'm so eager to learn my new toy!

I am going to share my thoughts on big purchases, budgeting, etc. soon because, as someone who watches every penny closely, my heart is still palpitating after making this purchase tonight!

Excited to be back in action. Here's to the start of a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment