Monday, May 17, 2010

Blue Plate Special

1 down, 4 to go. It was just your average Monday today, which I guess isn't a bad thing. Tonight I'm taking my laptop in to get my files transferred from my old PC and babysitting for a couple of hours. I'm hoping to get some reading done. I bought this and have been neglecting it!

Lunch was the perfect combination and satisfied all of my cravings. I had a salad with spring mix greens, ~2 tbsp black beans, a bit of feta, and a few beet quarters with a splash of balsamic dressing. I also had my leftover sushi and a carrot.



Snack was an orange which was juicy and flavorful! Yum :)



And dinner, because I wanted to eat something at home before I head out for my errands satisfied another craving: turkey for some protein. Especially at the super late hour of 5:50pm :) I cooked some frozen broccoli, green beans, okra and bell pepper in garlic powder and 21 Salute Seasoning and then added 1/2c rice and 2oz. sliced turkey. For a sauce I mixed BBQ, mustard, a tsp of ketchup, and a few drops of maple syrup. Topped with some hot sauce and more BBQ. I guess I'm craving a taste of Texas?



Have a good night. I'll try to keep blogging while I'm without my computer for a couple of days, my posts just might lack a certain visual appeal :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment