Sunday, May 16, 2010

Celebrate Good Times

Whew, another successful weekend is winding down. This one was comprised of a few celebrations as well as perfect weather, sun, food, and friends.

My weekend got started a bit early with a little present to myself. While making a few returns at the mall, I popped into my favorite department store to ask if they could fix a rip in my tote bag. What I got instead was an exchange and wishes hoping that my new bag would hold up better. What a way to start a weekend!




The celebrating continued with my friend Jamie who just accepted a new job in New York City. I'm really excited for her yet am sad that she's moving in a few short weeks. A few friends gathered for Mexican food at Lauriol Plaza. I started with some sangria and chips and salsa. Over the course of the night I probably had 1 serving of chips.



For dinner, I got the Sunshine salad which had sundried tomato, corn, oranges, bell pepper over mixed greens. It came with glazed walnuts and a peanut-y vinaigrette, both of which I had on the side.





I ended my night with a serving of vanilla soy ice cream with strawberries and a drizzle of nut butter.



Yesterday was quite a fun and leisurely day. I mentioned it earlier but I did not feel well-rested this entire week despite getting an appropriate amount of sleep. I think I made up for it yesterday. I woke up at noon, getting about 12 hours of sleep and it was glorious :-)

Despite the hour I still wanted breakfast. I had an egg sandwich with an egg white and spinach and a couple of strawberries.


I met up with a friend and we made our way down to Eastern Market for the afternoon which was fantastic. We walked through the farmers market and great hall which has tons of meat counters and prepared foods and found a curb to sit on and soak up the sun. We ended up laying down, chatting for an hour which was perfect. I l.o.v.e. summer and it was a mini glimpse of what's to come in the next few months. I was one happy camper :-D



My friend made her way to the Yoga Festival on the mall and I headed home to rest my foot for a bit and eat lunch. I had a wrap with spinach, leftover veggie fajita mix, and BBQ sauce plus an apple with a bit of PB.



A Target trip was in order so I met back up with my friend to pick up some necessities. I did find a reusable cold cup with a straw that I'm excited to have for smoothies and ice tea all summer.  After some more resting my foot, it was time for dinner. I made sweet potato fries from a small potato and mixed 1/2c black beans with a serving of frozen mixed veggies. I added hot sauce and some spices to jazz it up a bit.



I went out last night to celebrate a friend's birthday. We started at his apartment and then made our way out to the bars. I never seem to go out in Adams Morgan anymore but it was great. I had maybe 1.5 drinks over the course of the night and a few nibbles of snacks before we went out. Nothing says party animal like wearing sneakers to a bar - it's all the rage :)

This Sunday morning began with a celebration of the end of a PB jar. "Oats" in a jar contained 1/4c almond milk, 1/2 T chia, 1/4c frozen blueberries, cinnamon, and vanilla. There was not even a 1/2T of PB left in the jar so I added a drop more plus a drop of jam and crushed almonds.



I took care of some errands, including Whole Foods, where I picked up part of my lunch. I have been craving sushi and had them make a roll for me with brown rice, carrot, and cucumber - no avocado (I don't like the taste and texture of it.) It was perfect alongside 2/3 of a bell pepper (I had sampled a few things while shopping.)



My to-do list of chores was staring at me so I spent a solid 3 hours tackling it. Chores included a trip to another grocery store, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom floors, washing dishes, cleaning the stove top, and vacuuming.  I got it all done efficiently and am now ready to relax for the remainder of the night :)

How was your weekend??

No comments:

Post a Comment