Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Biggest Form of Flattery

One of the best things about the blogger community is getting to learn about new foods and discover new recipes for some of my favorite pantry and fridge staples. 2 of my meals today were indeed inspired by meals I'd seen on other blogs in the past few days. You know what they say though, imitation is the biggest form of flattery :) And of course, I put my own gluten free spin on those meals.

With warm and sticky weather this morning, something sweet and hot just didn't sound too appetizing. I wanted something savory and thought of this lady's breakfast yesterday. I made my egg white sandwich wilting a handful of spinach in non-stick spray and a splash of water. I then added an egg white and cooked it through. I served it up on a Food for Life GF english muffin, minus a little corner that I spread with some Earth Balance.



Lunch was with a friend who will be receiving her Masters degree this weekend. Congrats B!  We were in the mood for salads and went to Mixt Greens. I actually had been craving the salad I got on my first trip there so I recreated it and added red bell pepper. It was just as yummy and hit the spot! When I got back to the office, I nibbled on a few barbecue chips leftover from a business meeting. I <3 salty and crunch when it's warm outside.



My snack pre-pilates was a a mini salad of tomato and carrot marinated in balsamic vinegar and fresh chopped basil overnight. I also had a plain fat free yogurt which I mixed with 1/4c frozen mixed berries that defrosted in the refrigerator throughout the day.



Pilates was great - I can tell that I'm getting stronger and my foot is healing. It's feeling a bit more flexible each week. I still have to modify poses to avoid pressure to the bottom and top of the ball of my foot but it feels good to use my gym membership again :)

When I saw Tina's meal plan for the week, I instantly got a craving for her Wednesday dinner - veggie burger and roasted broccoli. I skipped my usual barbecue-inspired Tuesday dinner so this was a perfect way to get my fix for the week. I roasted ~1.5c of frozen broccoli in the oven at 450 (I was hungry) and heated up my Amy's GF veggie burger in the microwave. Served with barbecue sauce for dipping.



Dessert was a pear with 1/2 tbsp of plain PB and my TJs Almond Butter crack and cinnamon, plus about 1/3c of various cereals.



I'm off to relax and am hoping to get to bed early. We're on the short side of the work week now! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Love the sandwich - I'm actually having one now - well minus the bread :)

    ReplyDelete