Sunday, July 11, 2010

You're Never Too Old...

to see a "kids" movie, especially when that movie is Toy Story 3!  Saturday afternoon I met a few of my friends to see this movie and it did not disappoint. It really was meant for an older crowd, those who had grown up with the original film and its sequel. The jokes, the toys, the story - it was great and I might have even cried...



We walked back from Chinatown which was nice to get some exercise in!  The rest of the day was relatively uneventful - I went to the bookstore, had a mellow dinner, and babysat. One highlight was the farm fresh blackberries I had for dessert. The family had been berry picking that afternoon and highly encouraged me to have some!  I had this handful times 5. They were sweet and succulent, mmmm.



I'm also not too old to be up with the sun this morning.  It was pretty bright in my apartment and I decided to take advantage of my morning instead of fight to try to sleep another hour.  I had a small peach, sliced plus an egg white on toast with some spinach and red pepper spread. Mmm.



Now I'm off to the farmers market and then am spending the day with Lauren outlet shopping and lunching for our birthdays. We are eating here and we've both seriously been craving their food for days now.  Have a great Sunday!!

2 comments:

  1. You definitely deserve some birthday shopping time. Hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't seen Toy Story 3,even though i have a 6 year old! her grandpa took her to see it.
    there are very few kid movies i appreciate.
    so far the ones with Steve Carrell are my fave (over the hedge and horton hears a who), so I'm gonna have to check out Dispicable Me!

    ReplyDelete