Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cold Front?!

The humidity broke a bit and it was only in the 90s today. I could have sworn there was a pleasant breeze on my walk into work this morning. Perhaps I'm just going crazy though :)

This morning when I woke up I felt some stiffness in my back. Thinking nothing of it, I got ready for work per usual. It wasn't until a while later that I realized how sore I am from yesterday's weight lifting! It hurts to do anything but sit up straight which is good for my posture at least. That Fitnessista really knows what she's talking about. It goes to show you the power of mixing up your weights and cardio routines!

I kicked off the morning with another bowl of overnight hot cereal. The usual mix of 1/4c Bob's Red Mill GF hot cereal and buckwheat, 1/3c almond milk (I bought original by accident this week), vanilla, 1/2T chia seeds. I mixed in blueberries and some dried cranberries and topped it all with 1/2T AB and some crushed almonds.



The morning flew by yet again. It's amazing what a quiet office will inspire you to get done. I was pushing myself to get as much done as I could early in the day while there weren't any distractions!

Lunch was a random mixture of things. First up, a side salad with beets and the leftover veggie sushi from last night.


A little while later my stomach was rumbling once again and I had this veggie wrap. Inside the brown rice tortilla: 1T red pepper hummus, red pepper spread, spinach, 1/2 carrot, bell pepper strips, grape tomatoes, shredded cabbage.



This combo lunch left me full until I got home from work! Gotta love it :)   One thing that entered my mind and wouldn't leave was my craving that surfaced for egg whites. When I got home, I nibbled on a few bites of leftover lentils and then ran off to the store (more like a slow walk, stinkin' feet still hurt :-/)

Dinner tonight incorporated an egg white - Asian noodles!

Ingredients:
  • one serving rice noodles
  • 1/4c chopped onion
  • 1/4c choped bell pepper
  • 1/2 carrot, diced
  • 1.25c broccoli florets
  • 1 egg white
  • soy sauce
  • sweet chili sauce
  • garlic powder
I cooked up a serving of rice noodles and sauteed the onion, bell pepper, and carrot until soft. Once the onions were clear I added some frozen broccoli.  When noodles finished cooking, I added them to the pan. Then I added my sauce (a combo of sweet chili sauce, GF soy sauce, garlic powder, and water) and stir fried til most of the liquid evaporates. Clear the center of your pan and add egg white, stir a bit as it starts to firm, then stir throughout the entire mix. Cook until egg is cooked through.



I topped my noodle bowl with some crushed almonds and more soy and hot sauces. Yum. Plus this lime popsicle from TJs. That's what summer's for :)



Dessert is a peach with a bit of cottage cheese and cinnamon while watching SYTYCD and avoiding any mention of anything basketball related.


I made a serious dent in this book earlier this evening. I laid down on the floor to relax my back and got enveloped in my book!

This week has flown by and yet I am so excited that tomorrow is Friday. I'm just hoping to hear good things from the foot doctor in the morning.

How was your Thursday? Perhaps more exciting than mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment