Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Jam-Packed Start to the Week

If the weekend was full of relaxation and fun, I've definitely been working hard thus far this week! It's great on the one hand because the days have gone buy quickly but I'm definitely noticing a lack of energy for any weightlifting I had been doing in the last few weeks. I'm okay with it though because I think taking the rest from biking is helping my foot rebound slowly but surely. It's just frustrating from a health and endorphin perspective.

Does anyone else feel like when things get busier attention to one's budget, exercise, and eating habits get impacted? I'm striving to not get pulled off track this week!!

Both mornings I've taken advantage of my new obsession with overnight "oats." I had one bowl with blueberries and peanut butter and one bowl with halved and pitted cherries with crunchy flax almond butter at work.



Yesterday I got pulled into a meeting from 10:30 - 1 which I didn't mind because lunch was provided. I had a salad but alas there was no photo.

I went to the grocery store after work and then it was time for a whole slew of chores including laundry, washing dishes, and more! In between all of these I managed to whip up dinner. I had the last ~1/2c of lentil sloppy joes plus a stuffed bell pepper. In a half of bell pepper I added:
  • 1/2c brown rice
  • grape tomatoes
  • carrot
  • garlic and onion powder
  • fresh basil
I baked the pepper while I was running to and from the laundry room and folding my clothes and it was done just in time!



I took the rest of the night off to relax away from my computer. It felt good to unplug! I did eat this peach with some AB, cottage cheese, and cinnamon.



Today's lunch made use of leftover salad from my meeting. I brought extra veggies (fresh beets from the farm, carrot, cucumber, a pinch of feta) to add to the arugula salad that had a few pear slices, walnut pieces, and craisins in it. I also had a GF cracker with hummus and a few Fritos.



My colleague brought in some leftovers and I had a little plate. This has tomato and mozzerrella salad, corn salad, and figs with balsamic and goat cheese. Right after I took this picture I dumped the plate on my keyboard and spent some time cleaning up. Whoops. As a result, I didn't eat the corn but salvaged the rest. I also took the goat cheese off of the figs because I'm not such a fan.



After work I went to Founding Farmers for a farewell happy hour for a colleague who is changing jobs in DC. I munched on a few fries and then headed home for a few more errands.

I wasn't too hungry so I pieced together a dinner of sorts: the last of my coleslaw, a chopped pear with a few strawberries, and a little rice "pudding" with some PB on top.



I'm heading to bed soon because I have another full day. I might also try to fit in some weights before work to kick my day off. It'll give me something to set the day off on the right foot :)

G'night!

1 comment:

  1. i love weight lifting too. i really started getting into it about 5 1/2 years ago and even considered doing a fitness comp. no more though! that was hardcore training and i got burnt out really fast.
    also, i like to eat too much and the dieting down part didn't seem worth it-ha!
    anyway, hope you had a good lifting session :)

    ReplyDelete