Tuesday, July 27, 2010

You Know You're Nerdy When...

You spend 2.5 hours studying for the GMAT and quit the verbal section because you're craving the challenge of some math. Yup, I went there. And I already told you what I've been up to for the past few hours this evening. I actually think the studying was the perfect end-cap to a focused, busy day. Is it just me or do you find yourself being more productive when you have more to do??

This morning kicked off with a yummy pink bowl of overnight hot cereal. It started off with the usual mix (1/4c BRM hot cereal and buckwheat, 1/4c unsweetened vanilla almond breeze, 1/2c water, 1/2T chia, cinnamon) with 6 pitted cherries and a few blueberries mixed in. I was feeling adventurous this morning and stirred in a spoonful of pomegranite Chobani before topping the bowl with almond pieces and 1/2T of almond butter.



It's probably all in my head but adding that yogurt to my cereal and egg white held me over longer than yesterday's bowl without it! Gotta love that :)  I had meetings all morning and then spent a bit of time catching up on email before my stomach decided it was lunch time.

I made the walk home and whipped up a salad: romaine and spinach, a carrot, 1/4 of a green bell pepper, 1/2c white beans, dill and 21 Seasoning Salute, with Annie's Lite Honey Mustard. Plus half a serving of Food Should Taste Goods with hummus and red pepper spread on top. I'm hooked.



The afternoon flew by and I had this watermelon before a meeting which took me right up to the end of the day.


After a quick stop at Trader Joe's, my stomach was more than ready for an early dinner. I got some veggies roasting in the oven while I prepped the rest of dinner. I had roasted broccoli, peas, and green beans with a BBQ chopped chicken sandwich, which I ate open-faced. I souped-up BBQ sauce by adding dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, and a drop of maple syrup.



I rounded out dinner with a peach with a bit of almond butter (I'm working hard towards an overnight hot cereal breakfast!) and a bit of Gorilla Munch.



Enter in nerdy GMAT studying which I did on my roof where I could enjoy a gorgeous DC sunset. If I have to study, I might as well enjoy a cool, breezy, clear summer night :)



Time for a little relaxation.  What are your favorite nerdy attributes??

No comments:

Post a Comment