Saturday, July 10, 2010

Friday Flew By

The doctor's appointment was relatively uneventful. He was hoping for me to share that I'm able to run, pain-free, etc. so news of my pain was a slight bummer, to say the least. My goal is to try to get this foot healed by the time I go back at the end of the month. I think I can. I think I can.

Lunch was a salad with white beans, beets, fat free feta, and bell pepper. Plus a GF cracker with some hummus spread on top.


Snack included this pear and AB plus some unpictured rice chips.


After work I stumbled about this great spa near my office that does chair massages! Back in Texas, I used to get one rather frequently because my neck and shoulders are always a mess! This place offers 10 minutes for $10 dollars which is extremely reasonable.  I actually got my massage on a table instead because the masseuse finds it more effective. She worked on my shoulders, back, and hips which helped with my alignment. I felt relaxed and 5 inches taller when I left! 

Despite wanting to stay off of my foot Isqueezed in a weight-lifting work out at home. I targeted arms, chest, and abs with a 20 minute routine. Most of the moves were done laying down so I still rested my foot.

Dinner was another BBQ inspired meal. Corn on the cob, lentil sloppy joes, baked beans, and a coleslaw I whipped up using cabbage, a grated carrot, salt, pepper, and apple cider vinegar.


Dessert was some halved and pitted cherries with cottage cheese, cinnamon, and almond butter.


My evening was a mix of reading on my roof and making some new friends up there. It was quite the interesting night. Apparently everyone wanted to have fun last night because there were morons outside of my window blaring hard rock and singing at the top of their lungs until around 1am. I was not a happy camper.

I was thrilled to get to sleep in this morning, with less light than usual on a summer morning because of a rainstorm. No complaints here. And since there's a break in the heat I took the opportunity to make a bowl of warm hot cereal this morning. This bowl contains the usual mix with 6 halved cherries and some blueberries, AB, and crushed almond slices. Yum.


I have a few errands to run and then I'm seeing Toy Story 3 with friends!  <3 the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment