Saturday, July 24, 2010

Slacker Blogger

I kind of feel like a slacker for not blogging since Wednesday night. I missed you guys but hopefully you understand - life has been busy :)

Thursday and Friday at work were busy and relatively uneventful. It seems like things have picked up for a few weeks now and will stay that way for a while. Thursday I was a bottomless pit though - I think the effects of Body Pump finally hit. And I could walk like a normal human being again!!

Breakfast on both days looked similar - overnight hot cereal. Thursday's bowl had blueberries and was topped with peanut butter and yesterday's was cherries with almond butter.


Mid-morning I snacked on another little piece of my carrot cake Larabar


Thursday's lunch was an ultimate veggie wrap. Onto a brown rice tortilla I added roasted red pepper hummus, red pepper spread, spinach, carrot, roasted broccoli and green beans, and beets. The beets were the star ingredient with just enough sweetness to tie everything together. I also had a carrot.


Thursday's snack #1 was a peach from the farmers market. Snack #2 before Body Pump (!!) was toasted with some 2% cheese on top.


Body Pump was great again and while I wasn't completely recovered from the first class, I wasn't as sore after the second one. I was really happy about that!

Dinner wasn't too exciting and a while later I started feeling crummy and was craving a bowl of hot cereal. This simple bowl just had a serving of the Bob's Red Mill GF hot cereal, chia, almond milk and water, Earth Balance, and almond butter on top.


Friday I woke up still feeling bad yet went into work to discover that one of our student workers had shared his bug with me. How thoughtful :)  I had a meeting and a few things to take care of but around 1pm I decided I needed to take myself home and could be equally as productive from my couch.

I chugged a lot of water all day long as well, in hopes that I wasn't sick but dehydrated. Unfortunately I don't think that was the problem. I was finally hungry for lunch and craved a warm bowl of comfort and tomatoes. I was out of soup so I cooked up a serving of brown rice pasta and tossed it with some sauce thickened with tomato paste and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.


Snack an hour later included a pear and then a cracker with hummus on top. Then I had another snack of the last few tablespoons of baked beans. I became quite the bottomless pit!


Last night was pretty uneventful and I was happy to get to bed.

Today I woke up around 10:15am and was feeling much, much better. I'm glad to have kicked that bug quickly since I normally hang on to any sickness for a while. Sleep always helps, I'm sure :)

I ate an open-faced egg sandwich on a Food for Life english muffin. I put hot sauce, red pepper spread, and spinach on each half and then added my egg white. Perfect Saturday breakfast :)


I then spent 3 hours, no joke, deep cleaning my apartment from top to bottom. My apartment may not be big but I dusted and cleaned everything on the shelves as well as the shelves themselves. I'm loving the sparkling clean feeling! It also seemed like a great way to beat the 100 degree day (110 with the heat index... and humidity) and I'm happy to report I'm cool as a cucumber.

Lunch was kale chips and roasted veg plus another veggie wrap (sans beets) that I made for lunch yesterday but didn't end up eating.


Not sure what's on tap for the rest of the day but I can assure you it'll be something cool.

How's your weekend going?

No comments:

Post a Comment