Sunday, February 21, 2010

Spring Preview

The weather over the past few days has been SO refreshing! It's a much-needed respite from the horrible weather that's slammed DC over the past few weeks! I'm hoping to be able to get out and enjoy the sun and "warm" temps for a bit with a trip the farmer's market and a few other errands, so a fuller weekend recap will be coming shortly.

I haven't felt great for the past few days so it felt nice to wake up hungry and feeling a little bit more together than I've felt since Friday. You know the feeling? When you feel like a space cadet and can't focus on anything. Welcome to my world.

I was craving hot cereal and decided to utilize one of the nectarines I picked up last week. To 1/4c mix of buckwheat and Bob's Red Mill hot cereal I added vanilla, cinnamon, ~1/8c sweet potato, 1/2 a nectarine, ~1/8c frozen blueberries, 11/2T chia seeds, and 1/2 T mix of almond and peanut butter. Yum - this bowl was light yet filling with tons of fun textures. I took my time enjoying this sunny bowl!



Ok, I'm off to soak up some sun and vitamin D. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment