Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow Day!

Despite the end of Snowpocalypse 2 on Saturday evening, DC is still currently struggling to dig itself out of this mess before the next storm hits tomorrow! The temperatures are quite chilly but at least the sun is out!


I made myself leave the apartment for a short while yesterday, to walk and to take in the winter wonderland in the sun. There hasn't been much melting but where there was, ice returned once the sun set.
 
  

  

 


Last night I joined a few friends for Super Bowl 44 watching festivities. Congrats to the New Orleans Saints!! The game was exciting as was party-hopping (especially because it was all in 1 building and no bundling and re-bundling). I also learned something pretty cool about Drew Brees - in addition to loving Austin, TX, he eats gluten, wheat, dairy, and egg free! Pretty cool that he's become a serious pro-athletic without eating all of that stuff.

I found out late Sunday evening that work today is canceled and so far, I've enjoyed my snow day. I slept in, had a yummy bowl of BRM hot cereal with blueberries, PB, and fig jam, and completed my Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred workout.
Maintaining some semblance of a routine is helping me stay sane with all this winter weather!


Not sure what's on tap for the rest of the day, but I'll probably be venturing outside at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment