Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday is gone!

The day went by rather uneventfully which was a pretty good thing!

Lunch #1 before a meeting was a salad with some grilled chicken.

 



Mid-afternoon, I had a pear and the last 1/4c of my Amy's baked beans - some protein to carry me through the afternoon!



I came home after work to a surprise package which I'll share more about later :-)   I ended up roasting my last bunch of kale before it went bad and snacked on that and my mystery snack before the gym.  I decided to forgo yoga today and do some cardio since I skipped it yesterday. I did about 4.5 miles on the elliptical in 45 minutes. Afterwords, I met a friend for dinner to catch up. We hadn't seen each other in such a long time. It feels good to be reemerging into my social life and spending time with friends again!

I came home in time to get ready for my day tomorrow, have dessert of some toast w/ fig jam and an apple, and watch Greek!



Over the weekend, I received a package from the folks at Mary's Gone Crackers. If you haven't tried their crackers before - go get some now! They are crunchy, delicious, and perfect for eating either on their own or with your favorite dip. They come in 5 delicious flavors - my faves are the caraway and the black pepper, which has some nice heat.  They are in the process of developing a new product to add to their repertoire and I volunteered to be a taster for their new product - COOKIES!


They sent me 2 varieties - chocolate chip and ginger snap. Last night I decided to break into my stash for a chocolate chip cookie. They are the perfect size for a sweet pick-me-up, just a few inches in diameter. I really enjoyed this cookie!  With some other gluten free products, you feel like you're eating junk. These cookies however, have a light, clean flavor that's the perfect amount of sweet!  I loved that the cookie had plenty of chocolate chips inside (and when I warmed it up in the microwave for a few seconds, the melt-y chips tasted even better!). The cookie was soft with a bit of texture as well - probably a result of the whole grain ingredients that I assume are inside!

 

  

 


This product isn't in stores yet but once they are, you should give them a try! As someone who tries to eat healthy, I felt like I could enjoy a treat without too much guilt    :)

I'm heading to bed. DC is supposed to get more snow tomorrow afternoon, ugh. Spring, where are you? I'm ready for some warm weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment