Thursday, February 25, 2010

Frozen Foot

As ordered by my doctor, I am working from home today to keep my foot iced and elevated. I'm alternating between bags of frozen peas and strawberries (much better and cheaper than a regular ice pack) and if nothing else, a numb foot can't hurt :-D

I woke up with one thing on my mind, hot cereal ("oats") in a jar! I only had about 1/2T left in the jar and was saving it for a morning that I didn't have to rush out the door. I cooked my cereal on the stovetop before adding it to the jar:
  • 1/4 mix of Bob's Red Mill GF hot cereal and buckwheat
  • 1 c water
  • 1/4c frozen blueberries (added when the cereal was almost cooked)
  • 1/2 T chia seeds
  • cinnamon and a few drops of syrup
  • splash of unsweetened vanilla almond breeze


This was my first time adding almond milk to my cereal and I couldn't really detect any difference in taste. The cereal did seem a bit creamier though which I liked. The taste and idea of milk (in addition to being allergic to it) really weirds me out but I bought the almond milk for a muffin recipe and want to try to put it to good use. I also had my usual egg white.



It's been a busy work morning so I'm going to get back to it. Hope you're having a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment