Sunday, February 21, 2010

Here comes the sun, I say...

Love love love that the sun started shining when I woke up on Thursday and hasn't stopped. I already feel better than I did yesterday. This Texan loves her sunshine!

I jumpstarted my day with a good 30-Day Shred. What a wake up call!  Yesterday I failed to motivate myself to workout despite waking up early, and today I was feeling it. After an intense 20 minutes with my favorite trainer, Jillian, I was ready to face the day.

Mixed up breakfast and made an egg white sandwich instead of the usual hot cereal. I had 1.5 egg whites sprinkled with a bit of parmesan cheese in between 2 slices of GF bread which I ate alongside an apple with a light drizzle of almond butter.



I was craving a savory breakfast and this hit the spot, but I didn't feel as full as I normally do after my first meal of the day. Despite this, I didn't end up needing a snack until 3.5 hours later as I headed to a meeting. Snacked on a TJ's fiberful fruit leather and then it was lunch time as soon as my meeting was over.

I had more baked tofu, ~1/4c brown rice, kale chips, and brussels. Mmmm. I really do love veggies :-)



The afternoon was busy because of a department meeting. I love when afternoons at work fly by! I snacked on some fruit and then it was time for happy hour to celebrate a co-worker's birthday. I wasn't really in the mood to drink but it was fun to hang out with everyone outside of the office.

I came home, threw together a quick salad with some leftover roasted veggies and had 1 cup of my trusted Amy's black bean soup.

 

 


Grey's Anatomy was on my agenda and then more of the winter Olympics. I snacked on this waffle and some more fruit.Way to go Evan Lysacek!

No comments:

Post a Comment