Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Adjusting back to real life

Whew, I am so happy that I made it through today!  My flight back to DC didn't arrive until 9:15 and it was a later night than I would have liked unpacking and getting ready for the week.  The wedding was fantastic and I promise to do a recap very soon!

I did a good job cleaning out my fridge during last week's snow storms because I came back to an empty one! I of course managed to put together a usual breakfast of Bob's Red Mill hot cereal with frozen blueberries and peanut butter and then it was off to work! Despite the fact that feet of snow still litter the sidewalks, parks, and street corners, roads are clear and DC is slowly getting back to normal.

After a morning of catching up, it was off to a meeting. By the time it was over, it was 1pm and I was famished! I grabbed what I was craving - Wasabi chicken and rice soup. Yum!  This definitely hit the spot and warmed me up.



I felt pretty tired all day long (and I think I'm starting to feel the snow's (and winter's) effects) so I headed to the grocery store to stock up on essentials instead of going to the gym. While shopping I picked up some black bean soup for dinner, which I ate alongside some steamed broccoli (topped with a new BBQ sauce) and a bunch of cashews as soon as I got home.

 

 


I have the Olympics on now and my goals is to get to bed early tonight and wake up with 30-Day shred in the morning before work! I'll probably have a pear for dessert - my appetite has been off all day long and I'm hoping to rally tomorrow, well rested of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment