Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hump Day Blues

Yesterday I read this post about winter getting the best of folks. All day long I definitely felt like the leftover blizzard snow, clouds, cold, and wind were sucking the energy out of me. I did get to enjoy some delicious and nutritious eats which helped, plus I got moving just a little bit - endorphins never hurt :-)

I jumped on the chia bandwagon, curious to see if / how these little seeds make a difference.



I added 1/2 tablespoon to my favorite sweet potato blueberry hot cereal. They added a bit more fluff and softened during the cooking (microwaving) process and they added another fun texture to bowl. Other than that, I didn't notice any difference.



For lunch, I ate with a bunch of co-workers after a meeting. We ordered from a Chinese restaurant where I got vegetable soup, brown rice, and seaweed salad. No picture because it would have been awkward, but I had about 1/2c each of rice and seaweed salad.

My afternoon snack was a Pink Lady apply with the last few of these baked rice crackers.



Still hungry, I headed to the student union to make myself a salad. I just love beets and enjoyed giving them center stage.



I ran a few errands after work and then convinced myself to do something else active for the day. I did 20 minutes of my Biggest Loser workout dvd - 10 minutes cardio and 10 minutes of arm. That was all I could muster and had to fight myself to do that amount. I guess you win some, you lose some.

I got to work right away prepping and roasted up some veggies for dinner: brussel sprouts, butternut squash, and kale. I had servings of each, along with some baked tofu dipped in BBQ sauce for dinner. This meal hit the spot and finally filled me up for a couple of hours!

 

  

 


Are any of you watching the Olympics? While I like the summer games much more, I do have my favorite winter sports to watch, and they all happened to be on last night! I watched speed skating, skiing, and the snowboarding halfpipe. Americans won gold in each event which was exciting! Munched on a pear and some cereal while I watched and then it was off to bed.  I am still trying to catch up from a busy weekend! Good thing the next one will be here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment