Sunday, June 6, 2010

5 Before 25 - Will I Make It?

With just 2.5 weeks left until the big 2-5, I thought I'd update you all on the progress of my 5 Before 25 Challenge to go out and explore new things in DC in honor of my birthday. In case you missed it

As I mentioned yesterday, I tackled #3 and an unexpected #4 yesterday, which made for a fun 24 hours!  On Friday night, I met a friend at the National Gallery of Art for Jazz in the Sculpture Garden. The scenery was beautiful. We sat along a large fountain with the Berklee World Jazz Nonet to our left, in in the shadows of the National Archives.



We sat along the fountain with our feet dangling above the water for over 2 hours. It was the perfect way to begin the weekend!  We split a sangria which helped switch me into weekend mode.  I definitely can't wait to go back a few more times this summer. It's hard to believe I'd never been before!



Adventure #4 was courtesy of the University of Texas Texas Exes DC Chapter. They had arranged for alumni to tour Redskins Stadium and enjoy a lunch and meet-and-greet with former Longhorns who are on the team. My friend Lauren and I were beyond excited for this event and it was worth the schlep to Landover, MD!


We played in the locker room and were amused by the training room:



Enjoyed a lunch buffet (but I was too full from breakfast to even enjoy my 1 plate of veggies):


And I got to meet Mike Williams, Derrick Dockery, and Brian Orakpo!


What a great event! Even for a Cowboys fan!

I have a couple of adventures still up my sleeve but it looks like I'm on track to meet my goal. We shall see how things play out over the next couple of weeks with me celebrating a friend's wedding, working freshman orientation, and getting ready for my big convention in Chicago!

1 comment: