Friday, June 11, 2010

On my way

This morning got started bright and early with a 5am wake up call. Ick. Luckily I was able to get in bed by a decent hour so I am still feeling somewhat rested.

I packed my breakfast to eat on-the-go since my trek included cabbing to Union Station and then taking the train to the airport. Oh, the wonders of public transportation. I'm now enjoying this egg white wrap somewhere along the way. I used to leave it up to chance and plan to buy breakfast in the airport. However, as I learned what breakfasts worked best for me and my hunger, it became easier to guarantee a healthy, gluten-free, filling breakfast when I packed it myself! I also bring along many snacks for when hunger strikes and especially on a trip where I will have 0 control over the food I'll be around and slim chances of making it to a grocery store.

In that spirit, I wanted protein and carbs to fill me up and packed something that could be eaten hot or cold. This wrap contains 1 TJ's brown rice tortilla, 1/2 slice of 2% provolone cheese, egg whites with a handful of spinach.



I'm probably flying somewhere over Tennessee and have a long layover in Houston before I arrive in Austin. Hopefully they'll have wi-fi for another update. If not, know that I'm hitting the ground running (or speed walking in my case) and will be back on Sunday evening with the full re-cap!

What are your plans for the weekend?  Any big trips coming up?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I recently found your blog! My trip was two weekends ago when I drove up to Maryland last min to see my family, and ended up staying a week :) Hope you have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete