Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One Tough Hump

Was it just me or was Wednesday tough for anyone else?  After another 8.5 hours of sleep I could barely pry myself out of bed. I'm seriously starting to think that I might need to go to bed right after work so I can catch up from last week's trip! I guess that would really make me a grandma...

When I finally coerced myself out of bed, I worked up an appetite for some hot cereal while getting ready for work. This is my basic blueberry mixed topped with some crushed almond slices and 1/2T peanut butter.  I have decided that there's nothing better than warm, plain PB - it's smooth, creamy, and oh so satisfying!



For some reason, this hasn't been holding me over as well as it has in the past but I'm blaming that on my tiredness. It also didn't help that I spent my morning in a horrible cloud of 5 different perfumes. I know I've said this before but, Ladies - if you wear perfume, less is more! Especially when you are at work, there are no windows to be open, and you're in confined quarters. Seriously - it's beyond rude to expect people to want to smell you all day. *steps off allergic headache soapbox for the morning*

In an attempt to regain consciousness, I walked home for lunch where the breathing air was clean.  I had a huge salad with spinach and romaine, yellow bell pepper, a carrot, and 2oz turkey breast with TJs red pepper spread, dill, 21 seasoning salute, and black pepper. On the side I had a serving of Cuban black beans with a 1/4c brown rice.



This power lunch had great staying power and pushed me through til the end of the day! I love when that happens!

I want to rewind back to last night for a moment. Since I was out of town on my actual birthday, I had planned a dinner to celebrate with some close friends when I got back. In true Sarah fashion, I have stretched my birthday almost 3 weeks and counting :) That's what happens when your birthday is while you are at camp and parents want to celebrate in August... No complaints here though.

We had a reservation here but I met my friend Shelby a bit earlier for happy hour. She enjoyed a Mai Thai and I got my favorite - a Lychee Martini. It was amazing and I stretched it over the course of dinner along with tons of water. I feel like I'm making up on hydration from last week's travels!



I got my favorite dish here, Prik Khing, which is broccoli, green bean, and carrot stir fried with spicy paste, thai herbs and kirfir leaves. I ate all my veggies and ~1/2c rice.



I treated myself to a little birthday dessert too of Garrett's caramel popcorn and some raisins. Random yet exactly what I wanted!



Flash forward back to this afternoon...

When I was finally ready for a snack around 5 I sliced a peach and topped it with a couple of tablespoons of plain yogurt, a pinch of cereal, and light drop of almond butter.



I ran a few errands before meeting a friend, Alex for dinner at Pete's A Pizza. I've been wanting to try them for a long time and was excited about being able to order pizza out. The only time I've ever done that is in New York.

I started with a side salad, no croutons and dressing on the side. I actually left most of the cheese too since I knew it was coming on my pizza.


In no time, our pies arrived! I got the gluten free pizza with tomato sauce, broccoli rabe, artichoke, caramelized onion, bell pepper, and buffalo mozzarella. This is a 12" pie as compared to their larger glutenous pizzas.


This was great! I definitely made quite a mess while eating it but I don't think Alex minded. I felt a little pang in my stomach after the first slice but thought nothing of it and happily ate the crust and toppings from a second slice.

That's when it all went down hill.  I'm currently lying on my couch with my stomach in pain, my ears hot and itchy, and some other symptoms, drinking ginger ale = allergic reaction. I was assured and reassured that there was no way my pizza came in contact with anything glutenous (they have separate ovens, bakeware, slicers for gluten free orders) and I really want to believe them. I just have no idea what's causing this reaction.

Needless to say, it's been kind of a rough Wednesday so I'm heading to bed and hope to be asleep by 10:30pm at the latest. This lady is most definitely ready to catch up on sleep, etc. this weekend!


Do you ever get sick from things that you know you shouldn't? What's your favorite cure for a stomach ache? How was your Wednesday? Hopefully easier than mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment