Saturday, June 5, 2010

Full Speed Ahead

Wow, time flies when you're having fun! Add to that a full day of work, humidity, and lack of sleep and it makes for one sleepy Sarah. No complaints from me though, the month is proceeding wonderfully!

Yesterday morning was kicked off with a classic bowl of hot cereal topped with blueberries and almond butter plus an egg.  I wanted to make sure to be full because I had a long meeting at work.




The meeting went until past noon and made for one hangry grazer. I was more than ready for lunch which meant I wasn't walking home to make something myself. In a quest for something fast and healthy, I settled on a bento box from my favorite place on campus, Wasabi. They have a Make Your Own Bento Box option which was exactly what I did.

My box contained:
  • double greens salad
  • brown rice
  • baked chicken breast, garnished with snow peas and sesame seeds
  • strawberries

My plate looked like this - about 1 serving each of chicken and rice made its way home with me - the portions were large!



After work I rushed home, inhaled a quick salad with greens and red pepper and eggplant spread and then headed downtown. I'll write more later but I met a friend at the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden for a free jazz performance.



I didn't get home 'til 8 and was more than ready for dinner. Nothing sounded good besides fruit so I made a yogurt mess and toast. The bowl had 1 chopped pear, a few strawberries, 1/4c Greek yogurt, pinch of chia seeds, and nut butter.



A friend, Suze, came over for some relaxing and girl talk and I ended up snacking on a waffle. It was a perfectly relaxing summer night!

This morning I was up bright and early for another adventure. Knowing I'd need my protein, I whipped up a quick egg white sammie with a large handful of spinach and half a slice of 2% provolone. This savory breakfast is always such a perfect combination of flavors!



I met up with friend Lauren and we headed to Landover, Maryland, home of the Washington Redskins. The reason? My alumni association was hosting an event giving us tours of FedEx Field and the stadium Club Level and the chance to meet 3 former Longhorns who play for the team. We had a blast - it was a really unique opportunity. Thank you, Texas Exes!



They had a beautiful lunch buffet set up for us with typical barbecue fare. I got excited and made a plate and then when I looked at my watch it was barely 11:45am. I had only eaten 2 hrs ago!  I ate all of my sauerkraut, a pickle, and a few of these freshly made potato chips which were amazing!



We made our way back to DC and I spent the afternoon running a few errands. There was a repeat salad from yesterday somewhere in my afternoon and more adventures with Suze. By the time I got home, I was hot, tired, and my feet ached. I walked 6 miles today and spent a lot of time on my feet!

My evening has been quite the opposite though. I've spent most of it with my foot elevated and watching the movie Valentine's Day. Since I didn't really eat a proper lunch, hunger struck hard at 6pm. I needed to use up some leftovers and was craving baked beans. A picnic meal it was:


  • veggie burger
  • 1/2c baked beans
  • 1/4c millet
  • green beans and broccoli
  • baked beans
Dessert was the last serving of my chocolate soy ice cream with strawberries, a dollop of Greek yogurt and nut butter drizzle.



I'm hoping to rally for the night but it's been such a busy 2 days that I'm debating if it's acceptable for me to go to bed before 9pm. Grandma? Maybe. 20-something living it up over the summer? Most definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment