Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Me vs. Myself

When I glanced at my calendar at the start of the month, I knew it was going to be a bit crazy. Don't get me wrong - it's full of wonderful things like weddings and a trip to Chicago. My calendar is jam-packed and I love it yet am slightly stressed out by it at the same time. My trip to Austin kicked off a stretch of craziness, especially with the start of freshman orientation at work as well.  I'm going to do the best that I can to stay on top of the blog and my life, have no fear.

Sunday night I slept long and hard - I got ~10 hours of sleep and didn't move or get up once!  When I did awake, I had one thing on my mind: the standard BRM mix with 1/4c frozen blueberries and 1/2T PB.


There were few options for food in my fridge but I pulled together this lunch of a salad topped with Annie's honey mustard dressing and a brown rice wrap with 2oz turkey and eggplant and pepper spread.


My afternoon snack was 1/4c plain yogurt topped with a few frozen berries and an apple with AB.


I did my grocery shopping after work and nibbled on enough samples while shopping to make an early dinner of them.

I was hungry a few hours later for a snack so I had a waffle with an egg white and some cherries I treated myself to! Plus some homemade rice "pudding." I was in bed asleep by 10:15 for another long night of sleep.


Warning - you will notice a lot of carbs. It's what I crave when I'm super tired and stressed. I'm trying to mix in my veggies as best I can since I learned a few things from mixing up my meals last week. Even though I'm aware of what I'm doing, I'm still enjoying carby deliciousness :-D

This morning I had 2 slices of toast for breakfast. One topped with PB&J and one with an egg white.


Lunch was a monster salad. This had:
  • spinach and romaine
  • a carrot
  • yellow bell pepper
  • 2 green olives
  • 1/2c black beans
  • ~1/2T fat free feta
  • 21 Seasoning Salute, dill, black pepper
  • Annie's honey mustard dressing

Plus a few baked blue corn chips with the last oz of turkey and eggplant spread.

Afternoon snack was yogurt topped with frozen bluebs and AB plus an apple.


My tired self was fighting my good intentions to get to the gym after work. I had my clothes in my bag and the time to do so. I was just sooo tired. Instead, I conned myself into walking to the gym and riding the stationary bike for 15!! minutes. I got in about 2.75 miles and figured something was better than nothing. I did also walk 5 miles today so it's not like I was lazy :)

I was starving by the time I got home and whipped up this bowl of pasta. Under the noodles is 1/2c tomato sauce, 4 artichoke heart quarters, green beans, and spinach. Plus the serving of pasta, 1.5T parm cheese, garlic and onion powders, basil, S & P. It was delicious with a slice of garlic bread on the side.


Dessert was a pear with a few halved cherries and a couple of strawberries. And there might have been some cereal since I'm still battling the tired monster. 


I am heading to bed early again tonight to get another solid night's sleep. I'm hoping to once and for all feel rested in the morning and stop feeling like I'm battling my sleepy ole self!

What do you crave when you're tired? How do you help yourself rest up after a busy weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I definitely crave carbs & cheese when I'm tired.

    Good luck getting through your next few hectic weeks. You always seem really organized and on top of your to-do lists, so I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete