Monday, November 23, 2009

Leadership Team launches in Indy!

Friday morning arrived and I was excited to start my day (although I do wish that I had gotten more sleep...). I was headed to Indianapolis to begin the start of my sorority's new leadership development team, the CLT.

I started the day with my usual egg white and a bowl of GF hot cereal with blackberries, frozen blueberries, and 1.5 tsp of PB.

The flight was quick and easy and I was excited to get to meet some of the Team as soon as we landed! I spent the afternoon preparing the rest of my materials for the training opening and weekend.

We started off with an introduction session and ice breaker and then headed off to dinner at a local place called Woody's. I was thrilled that they had a gluten free menu! Dinner was delicious! Then, we all headed back to our headquarters for a tour and the CLT met with our Board of Directors.

Saturday started early and was a long day full of workshops, activities, and of course, food and fun.. The hotel staff was fantastic and helped make sure we had whatever we needed throughout the day. I loved having such attentive staff around and kind of miss them now that I'm home! For lunch I had a garden salad with grilled chicken and a few fries.

The training proceeded throughout the afternoon (and snacks were to be had by all) and we wrapped up just in time for a little break and dinner. We headed to PF Chang's (who also had a GF menu) and then hung out in the hotel with the board and the CLT.

Yesterday we started early and worked through the morning until it was time for lunch and to head to the airport.

All-in-all, I would say that everything went pretty well. I was glad that I had put in the amount of effort that I had to prepare for the training and it paid off! The women are fantastic and I'm excited to be working with them for the next 7 months.

I got home around 6, not feeling well after 48 jam-packed hours with no sleep, some crappy eating, and lots of work, and unpacked. After a small bowl of chicken soup, I got in bed around 9pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment