Thursday, November 5, 2009

It was a splurge kind of day

Some days it's really easy for me to stay on track and make the smartest food decisions that I can. Other days it's a struggle. And, of course, there are those rare days that anything and everything looks good and I graze my way through the day. Today was definitely a grazer!

I woke up energized and ready to head to work. The day began with an egg white and GF hot cereal with 1/3c raspberries, a few raisins, cinnamon, and a few drops of maple syrup. I then headed to campus for an awards ceremony honoring students and administrators for their service and impact on campus. I really enjoyed learning about different aspects of the university.







I had another good day back at work. And, I made it through the entire work day! I'm getting better! Goodbye flu and please don't come back! I wasn't hungry until around 1:30 and when I finally was hungry, realized that I forgot to bring lunch with me. I ran over to Au Bon Pain and had a 10 oz. cup of the BBQ Chicken and Beef stew (not pictured). It was the perfect lunch to enjoy while sitting outside in the sun, and that's just what I did, for a short amount of time, of course. I then headed back to the office to keep working and that's when my grazing kicked in. I gave into temptation and enjoyed some Harry&David dark chocolate moose tracks and it was yummy! That afternoon pick-me-up held me over until I got home around 4:30.

On my walk home I saw this beautiful rainbow:


Still feeling energized, I decided to head to the gym for some low-key exercise after another snack of a pear and some brown rice tortilla chip nachos.
I need to slowly get back into my routine so that I don't lose more time in my training for the Turkey Trot. I did 7 miles on the stationary bike and was happy to get my heart pumping for a bit!

I had a few things to pick up at Whole Foods and they were sampling Thanksgiving foods so I of course nibbled on some mashed sweet potatoes and a bite of turkey. Mmmm! I met a friend who's in town for a drink (I was lame and had water since I'm still not feeling 100%) after and headed home.

I was hungry but not starved so I made a baked apple (in the microwave) topped with about 1/3c plain greek yogurt, some raisins, and some GF cereal. Still hungry, I had a slice of toast and another egg white. I didn't necessarily eat a lot of crap today, but I definitely ate a lot! I guess that once a bottomless pit / grazer, always a bottomless pit / grazer. I feel better having worked out a bit, but I'm also glad that my appetite returned to me.

Tomorrow is a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment