Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Long Time Comin'

Sorry for being absent. The week has been jam-packed and we're only half-way through!  Did you check out my post on coping with my injury? I'm slowly figuring out a few lessons from my injury and it feels good! I was even able to go for a stroll after work tonight in a sneaker. Baby steps, baby steps...

My eats this week haven't been too exciting. I have to work late tomorrow and have a few other commitments so I did less meal planning this week and instead got some fresh produce that's versatile in a number of dishes.

I've had the same breakfast so far this week: Blueberry vanilla hot cereal.
  • 1/4c BRM hot cereal and buckwheat
  • 1/4c unsweetened almond breeze
  • 3/4c water
  • 1/2T chia seeds
  • 1/2T Almond and Peanut Butters (total)
  • 1/4c frozen blueberries
  • vanilla
  • cinnamon
  • pinch of crushed sliced almonds and cacao nibs (for iron, antioxidants, and magnesium :-) )


Lunch was a salad topped with extra wrap filling - onions, celery, bell pepper, brussel sprouts, with a garlic salad dressing



And a veggie wrap:
  • Food for Life Brown Rice Tortilla
  • 1/3 slice 2% provolone
  • black beans
  • veggie mix: onions, celery, bell pepper, brussel sprouts
  • all dipped in hot sauce-spiked barbecue sauce


There was an apple somewhere in my afternoon, with a bit of almond butter. I now have a jar in my desk drawer for moments like that! (Thank you Passover for requiring a new jar)

After my stroll through a new neighborhood near my apartment, I couldn't stop thinking about BBQ. I used to whip up something BBQ-inspired after cardio sculpt on Tuesdays so I guess it's an old habit? I had an Amy's Bistro veggie burger on top of a bed of lettuce with a sliced pickle, mustard, and BBQ sauce with a small sweet potato and serving of baked beans.



Snack during the Biggest Loser weigh in was a red Bartlett pear topped with cinnamon and PB and a slice of toast.



Here's to finishing the week strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment