Thursday, April 8, 2010

Flying through the week

I can't believe that it's already Thursday. Between work, the wonderful warm weather we've been having in DC, and sunshine, time is flying! No complaints from this girl.

In case you missed it, check out my thoughts on coping with food allergies at my alma mater as compared to some really innovative options at some Boston schools. It's just some food for thought :-)

I couldn't wait to dive into my first breakfast post-Pesach. It was PBJ-reffic with it's BRM and buckwheat whole grain goodness.


For lunch I had this bad boy to tackle. No, I'm not lying - that is almost a full ream of paper of nominations for a committee of which I'm a part of.


I decided to treat myself to lunch and finish up this reading someplace where I wouldn't be faced with too many distractions and background noise. I opted for a favorite Thai restaurant near work since I'd been craving it since Passover started. I got the pad thai tofu with steamed tofu and it was delicious.


That is, until my stomach started hurting as I finished up my serving (only ate about 1 and a quarter cups). Any lingering thoughts about the state of my gluten intolerance vs. celiac status flew out the window as I had the realization that I'm probably celiac and must now be extra extra careful if and when I eat out (which is sometimes the one time I'm less vigilant in my food choices).

My pain cleared up and I was ready for a snack around 5 - had a Fuji apple with cinnamon and PB drizzle.


And, in case I'm not already obsessed and boring you with these pictures, I whipped up a 3rd batch of Spring Greens Soup. This batch contained:
  • spinach
  • spirulina
  • 2 small red potatoes
  • 1/2 a large carrot, chopped
  • 1/2 head of cauliflour
  • broccoli
All blended together for a beautiful green color. And, it tasted pretty good, alongside a salad w/ roasted beets and a few green olives.


I went for a leisurely stroll after dinner and was quite content until about 10 when I needed to take some medicine. I'm supposed to eat something with it so I had a small piece of a new kind of bread (containing brown rice, millet, teff, and other GF whole grain goodness) with some Earth Balance and called it a night.


This morning I enjoyed another bowl of PBJ hot cereal and it's now off to work!


What are you most looking forward to this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment