Friday, April 9, 2010

It Burns

So while I was feeling great after yesterday's cortisone shot, today is a completely different story. I'm not sure if I bent my toe in some funny way while I slept or if it's just the cortisone kicking in, but the ball of my foot, my big toe, AND the top of my foot (and the joint) are burning and painful! No fun...  I am hoping that it does away in 24 hours like the flare-up did the last time.  I don't want to be couch-bound this weekend.

Before I decided to work from home for the morning (if not the day) I whipped up an egg white and strawberry chocolate hot cereal. In the mix:
  • 1/4c total BRM Hot Cereal and buckwheat groats
  • 1/4c unsweetened almond breeze
  • 3/4c water
  • cinnamon
  • 1/2T chia seeds
  • pinch of cacao nibs
  • 4 small strawberries, chopped
  • 1/2T drizzled AB and PB
  • pinch of sliced almonds and a dab of choc PB


It was a great sweet treat to start my Friday with! Now if my foot would just get into the Friday spirit...

Any exciting weekend plans?!

No comments:

Post a Comment