Friday, December 18, 2009

Snow is on its way?

The big talk of the day is the impending snow storm that's expected to hit DC tonight and tomorrow. They're predicting 10 - 15 inches, yikes!! I am definitely not too excited about the snow but we shall see how much we get. Tonight is the last night of Chanukah - I can't believe that the 8 nights have come and gone! It was a great holiday this year filled with friends and fun. I'm looking forward to stretching the celebrations even longer by celebrating with my family in Texas next week :-) Tonight I'm off to my final holiday party of the week and then I'm getting ready for my trip!

This morning I had toast with an egg white and PB, and a pear and then took care of a few errands including laundry and adjusting my cable bill. Woo hoo!

I then headed in to work for the afternoon, with the university holiday party on the agenda. My breakfast held me over until the party began (surprisingly) and I didn't leave feeling stuffed at all. There was a carving station with turkey and roast beef, salads, Asian food - egg rolls, friend rice, General Tso's chicken, etc, and dips with pita, chips, and marinated veggies. I had a small sampling of spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips, a bunch of salad, and some frosting from a piece of red velvet cake. Otherwise, I just enjoyed seeing some co-workers and meeting a few other university staffers.

I went back to the office for a bit, then left with a couple of errands to run before the storm hits. I came home after picking up a few essentials and have been relaxing on the couch, trying to catch up on my posting, etc. Exciting news - my Larabar sampler box arrived today! I was part of a holiday giveaway that Larabar did online earlier this week and was happy to have received my treats so promptly! The pack included 4 bars - Cashew Cookie, Lemon Pie, new Peanut Butter and Jelly, and raw Coconut Cream Pie. I've only tried one of these (PB&J) so I look forward to expanding my repertoire! Thanks Larabar!

Dinner was the start of trying to use up some leftovers - acorn squash, salad, and then brown rice and lentils mixed with some roasted chickpeas. I roasted them on 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. They're sprayed with cooking spray and seasoned with cinnamon, garlic powder, and paprika. The mixture was actually a bit dry so I added hot sauce and then some curry sauce I discovered in my cupboard, but I didn't like it and dumped about half of the serving.

Now it's time to get ready for my party. I'm hoping that the snow isn't too bad so that I can get in a workout tomorrow but we shall see.

Happy Friday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment