Sunday, December 6, 2009

Miss New Booty

One of my favorite past times has always been shopping. Even if I don't need anything, I love wandering through stores, whether it's of the grocery, craft, or clothing variety. I'd say that my love of shopping started at an early age, when my grandmother took me out for a special day of lunch and the mall. My skills have been sharpened since and I still love spending days with my grandmother (whether or not shopping is involved)!


This whole thing probably sounds very shallow and vain. I'm sorry! I really don't consider myself to be extremely materialistic or that I have to spend money on things to enjoy life. In fact, the unemployed life has shown me just how little "things" matter compared to friends and family, love and support, health, and happiness!

Nevertheless, the return of winter brought me a strong reminder that I am in need of a few key items to make it through the cold few months ahead. Part of this stems from not having bought many winter items since I first knew I was moving to DC. Add to the mix my get-healthy kick of the past year, and I'm in need of some clothes that fit me properly.

Yesterday I spent a fantastic afternoon / evening / night with my friend and favorite shopping buddy, L. L and I are friends from home who became closer when we both moved to DC. L is a fantastic and frequent shopper and I love having a buddy to share opinions with and keep me company while shopping. L has known about my longstanding search for pants that fit, and we ventured out in an attempt (yet again) to try to find anything that would work.

I'm excited to announce that I did have luck, and I can't wait to put my new purchases to good use :-) AND, even better, I got fantastic deals on almost everything I bought which makes me smile even more. I got over $400 worth of clothes for under $190 AND I re-purchased a big ticket item at 1/3 of the original price I paid so I have another large refund coming back to me!! I normally don't like to share financial information like this but the deals I found were worth sharing. There are so many deals in the stores right now, and if you shop smartly, you can get items further discounted with special sales, coupons, etc.

My loot includes: 3 pairs of pants, 2 sweaters, a dress, and a few new bowls in warm colors!
Amidst all of my adventures, my food blogging has fallen by the wayside. I have made some smart choices and some not-so-smart choices. My goal this week is to get back on track and to log some extra time in the gym so that I go into the next 2 weeks of holiday parties and celebrations feeling happy and confident about being able to integrate healthy habits into my life.

Below are a few of my meals I did manage to capture. AND, during the nail-biting ending of the Texas game, I may or may not have consumed a late night serving of chocolate Chex!

Goals for today include: planning my meals and recipes for the week, finish cleaning out my apartment (which I began during yesterday's snow storm), a run plus some gym time (it's too cold to exercise outside today!), and some relaxing.

Happy Sunday!

homemade GF pancakes (using the recipe from Pamela's) with Smart Balance and a bit of sugar-free syrup, an egg white, and my new favorite pear - Comice kicked off my Saturday

Lunch was veggie chili and the last small square of cornbread leftover from Thanksgiving. Eats of the evening included: a garden salad, a small pan noodles from Noodles, and 1/3 of a rice krispie treat. Oh, and lots and lots of Chex!

This morning I wasn't too hungry so I just had a pear w/ a small drizzle of PB and an egg white w/ a sprinkle of parm. A bit later I had one of my leftover pancakes w/ Smart Balance and a couple of drops of sugar-free syrup. I'm still full from my late-night breakfast during the Texas game!

No comments:

Post a Comment