Friday, December 4, 2009

Light and Cozy Rice Pudding

As promised, I'm posting the recipe for the rice pudding that I made. This is definitely not your typical rice pudding, which is what attracted me to this recipe. In fact, it's not only gluten free but also dairy free. Not to worry, it's not lacking in taste!!

Last night was the first night I made this recipe and overall, I was happy with how it turned out. Light, warm, and comforting with a light, lemony pop. For a creamier taste, I may try adding some soy milk when I cook the rice.

Rice Pudding, adapted from Epicurious (I halved the recipe)
3/4c Arborio Rice
2 c water
2 Anjou pear, chopped into small pieces
1/4c lemon juice
4 tbsp sugar (I used mostly Splenda w/ a sprinkle of cane sugar)
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1/8 tsp cinnamon

Combine rice and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer until the rice is tender, about 18 minutes. Let cool slightly.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine pears, lemon juice, 3 tbsp sugar, and peel into a large bowl. Toss to blend. Stir in rice. Spread into a 9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon, 1 tbsp sugar, and a few raisins. Bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment