Sunday, December 6, 2009

Rounding out the weekend

There's no denying that winter is really here in DC!

It snowed all day yesterday, which made for a nice and lazy Saturday morning. I woke up early to the sound of freezing rain outside of my window and decided to make myself a warm and cozy breakfast. After the dishes were cleaned, I popped Love Actually into the DVD player and spent the rest of the morning cleaning and organizing my apartment. I got rid of a few things, finally took my new crock pot out of its box, and cleaned a few things out of my closet.

The rest of the day was spent with my friend L, shopping and catching up on life.

Today I got a later start which was great. I caught up on some blog things (see my previous post) and then, after eating leftover Pad See Eiw from Friday night (I only had the chicken and broccoli, this x2) I finally made my way to the gym. Even though the sun was shining, it was quite chilly and I was very appreciative of my new down coat. It's like wearing a sleeping bag and when it feels like 25 degrees outside, what could be better?!

I started off my workout with some interval running on the treadmill, 35 minutes total:
0 -2, walk @ 3.7
2 - 4, run @ 6
4 -6, walk @ 3.7

6 - 7, run @ 6.4

7 - 9, walk @ 3.7

9 - 10, run @ 6.8
10 - 11:30, run @ 7.0 - new treadmill high speed!

11:30 - 12, run @ 6.8
repeat, except speeds tapered to 6.9, 6.7, 6.6, 6.1, 6.5, 6.3
total: 2.76 mi
I felt especially energetic for the first 15 minutes of my run, and then normal for the rest. I actually paced faster in my second mile than my first, must have been the running at 7.0!
Then I ended up on the elliptical for 55 minutes while I caught up on my magazines. I got in another 4.59 mi which was a great kick start to the week of trying to recover from Thanksgiving.
I stretched and did abs (1.5min elbow planks, 1min each side - side elbow planks). I also found this little blurb - 5 Tips for Getting the Most Out of Sales:

I headed to the grocery store for the ingredients for my crock pot adventure tomorrow and then have spent the night relaxing, watching some football, and prepping for the week.

Dinner was 1c of Amy's Chunky tomato soup with a mini grilled cheese and some broccoli sprinkled with leftover beans from my veggie chili. I love my new yellow bowls - they're the perfect size for a 1 cup serving!

My snack was 1/4c Oikos Greek yogurt with a pink lady apple and 1/4c chocolate Chex. I went back for another quarter cup though :-O Man, those things are addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment