Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sugar Plums and Fig

Whoa - it's August 1st. I can't believe another summer month has flown by! Where did it all go? It seems like just yesterday I was in shock that June had ended...

I woke up this morning with a grumbling stomach and was excited for a new twist on my July favorite: overnight hot cereal. Yesterday while picking a few plums, Toby, Michelle, and I were discussing the brown sugar and fig scented stuff at Bath and Body Works. I actually haven't been in the store for years but admitted to loving figs, my family's fig trees in our yards, and my grandmother's homemade fig preserves. I actually have plans to smuggle bring back the jar she's saving just for me when I'm home in September. Party. Animal. Anyways, I immediately knew what I would want for my next breakfast.

I hopped out of bed and got to work on my cereal mix and then got back in bed to read while it chilled. This bowl contains the standard cereal mix (1/4c BRM hot cereal and buckwheat groats, 1/4c unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2c water, cinnamon, 1/2T chia seeds) a drop of maple syrup, one small golden plum, chopped, and 1tsp of fig jam. Topped with 1/2T of almond and peanut butters. Plus an egg white with some green tea.



I'm now digesting and then heading to the gym. I'm really determined to kick off the month on the right foot (pun intended...and it was the left foot...) Also on my to-do list today:
  • writing some blog posts for the week - Get excited!
  • clean and freeze berries from yesterday
  • packing list for Miami
  • tidy up the apartment
  • GMAT studying (which is more whim than routine right now)
  • a going away party
  • reading for fun!
What are you up to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment