Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lazy x2

Hi guys. How was the rest of your Sunday? Mine was glorious. I tackled most of my to-do list and only skipped the things that involved spending money O:-)

I tackled a few chores around my apartment and then headed off to the gym. I did 33 minutes (an increase... AND 0 FOOT PAIN!!) which was right at 3 miles. Then I lifted a little bit.

For lunch I was craving a big salad. Enter: arugula (which I seem to enjoy more than I did at the start of the summer), romaine, generous quarter cup of black beans, one chopped carrot, 2 homemade pickles, all topped with Amy's Lite Italian dressing which is like crack. I've been putting it on everything. I also had some Food Should Taste Goods topped with hummus and tomato paste.



I spent the late afternoon / evening cooking for the week. I roasted up these babies along with some cauliflower and a sweet potato. Look at how big some of them were (TWSS)!



I also whipped up some "Creamy" Cauliflower soup.

  • half a head of cauliflower, steamed
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • one carrot, diced
  • 1/4c cooked rice
  • 21 seasoning salute (or other spice(s) of your choice)
  • ~2c vegetable broth
Clean, chop, and steam your cauliflower. In a non-stick sprayed soup pot, saute the garlic and carrot until softened. Add rice, cauliflower, and broth. Bring to a low boil, stirring. When ingredients have come together take off the heat and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes. Carefully transfer mixture to a blender, removing the stopper so the steam can escape. Blend until mixture is pureed.

This batch made about 4 1 cup servings that clocked in around 50 calories and 3g fiber each.

With some cooking for the week out of the way, I took the easy way out for dinner. I tasted a serving of my cauliflower soup to which I added a splash of Amy's Italian dressing, hot sauce, parm, and a crumbled Food Should Taste Good.



I also had some okra fries and the small roasted sweet potato. I also had half of a tamale I found in my freezer. It'd been there for a while and I ate around a few "off" tasting parts.



Dessert was a small serving of GF hot cereal with some brown sugar and PB = ultimate comfort. There's also been lots of relaxing on my couch!

Off to enjoy the last few hours of Sunday. Good night!

3 comments:

  1. Food should taste good+hummus=crack

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that your foot is getting better :) Also all those eats look amazing.

    ReplyDelete