Saturday, August 28, 2010

Say Yes to the Dress

I knew that all of those nights of watching TLC's Say Yes to the Dress would pay off one day! Today I got to spend time with my friend Bethany, 2 other bridesmaids, and Bethany's future mother-in-law shopping for dresses. Our mission was to find a bridal dress as well as the bridesmaid dress we will be wearing come Memorial Day Weekend 2011.

My wake up call was earlier than a usual Saturday's but I bounded out of bed and got ready for the day. I knew that fuel would be important as no one likes a hangry bridesmaid so I whipped up something quick, filling, and delicious. I had an egg sandwich with one egg white, red pepper spread, spinach, and a bit of Cabot 50% sharp cheddar on a Food for Life gluten free English muffin.


We met at Bethany's which meant a quick Metro ride over to her part of town. However today there was a huge Tea Party rally on the National Mall which added a lot of stress, fantastic people watching, and aggravation to an otherwise pleasant Saturday morning. I finally made it though and it was time to shop!



I'm excited to say that Bethany found her dress. It was truly a great moment and I loved being part of the dress shopping. While I won't show you what she chose, I can promise you it's nothing remotely close to this:



We were ravenous by the time we left the store and decided on the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I was in the company of a few other hangry folks so we were in no mood to debate where to eat. We started with the chips and guacamole and I had a few.



I loved my main course - the Fresh Vegetable Salad with the cheese and dressing on the side. I ate about 3/4 of the salad and was perfectly content.



Then it was on the bridesmaid dress shopping, round 2. We have narrowed it down to 2 options and now are waiting for the Maid of Honor to try on her dress so we can decide. She lives in South Dakota so she couldn't join us today.

After our shopping I had a quick errand to run and was hungry again. I popped into Whole Foods for a little snack of carrots, peas and corn topped with a bit of black bean soup and feta cheese plus Moroccan chick pea salad. It totally hit the spot.



Its 6:30 and I just got home a bit ago. I don't think it'll be too exciting of a night. Everyone seems pretty tuckered out and this lady has some business homework to do before Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I am a bridesmaid for a wedding next month and I still don't have a dress picked out! EEEEEKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you find the bridesmaid dress too?

    ReplyDelete