Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Can't It Just Be Vacation Yet?

This is one girl that can't wait for Thursday night and kicking off her vacation in Miami. After not traveling since the end of June, I'm more than ready for a change of scenery. Of course, it helps that I'll be poolside with my family and friends B-)

Before I get there though I had to get through work today plus 2 more days. Luckily, I had a busy day to distract me today and it looks like the trend will continue until I leave.

Did you check out my post on Self Confidence and Loving Your Body?

This morning I was craving a simple egg white sandwich. 2 pieces of toast, hot sauce, a sprinkle of 2% cheese, and an egg white. Plus some berries, diced mango, and pecan crumbled on top.



Enter morning meeting. I was more than ready for lunch at 12:30. I enjoyed this salad with spinach, grilled chicken breast, roasted veggies (onion, green beans, broccoli), and beets. I had BBQ sauce on the side for dipping. And a few pecans on the side.



I was super hungry again (it's been a theme this week. Is there something I'm missing?!) a few hours later and had 2 beautiful baby plums from this weekend's adventure plus 2 crackers with red pepper spread on top. Also, this is my favorite picture from berry picking. I'm really happy about my blackberries.



I headed to the gym after work and squeezed in a quick work out:
  • 6 minute (1.15 miles) warm up on the bike
  • Incline bicep curl
  • Bench Press
  • Alternating shoulder press
  • Hammer Curl
  • Bench crunches
  • Dips
  • Supine chest fly
  • (I'm forgetting a move or two)
  • 4 minute (.6 miles) cool down on the bike
Thank you Fitnessista for the Summer Shape Up workouts. I especially felt it today when I increased my weights and took only very short rests in between each move.

On my walk home I knew exactly what I wanted for dinner. Despite skipping the grocery store for a major shop I did pick up some fresh local okra. I've been craving it lately. Enter - okra fries!



And since I had a beautiful tomato from the farm, I made a special little sandwich. On a lightly toasted English muffin I drizzled a bit of balsamic reduction, sliced baby mozzarella cheese, and then layered tomato slices, basil, more cheese and balsamic reduction. I toasted it again to melt the cheese. Holy yum this was delicious! And fresh! Mmmmm! The tomato tasted like a tomato should and I savored each bite.



My building had an ice cream social tonight so I snagged some Ben & Jerry's lemon sorbet which I got topped with baby gummy bears. I had half of the sorbet topped with a few berries and called it a night.



Time to clean the dishes, read, and go to bed!

1 comment:

  1. it seems like you've been upping your workouts - source for extra hunger?
    so jealous about miami!

    ReplyDelete