Friday, August 20, 2010

Got My Feet Propped Up

Sorry for my great disappearing act yesterday. My eyes were so heavy that I crashed before 11pm. I took it as a victory though because I listened to my body instead of grazing mindlessly trying to stay awake and think clearly!

Yesterday was all about foods from the farm (aka my CSA box.) It all started with blackberries and cherry halves stirred into my standard mix of overnight GF hot cereal. I topped it with 1/2T of almond butter and packed it up to take to work.



The only non-farm related meal was lunch. A group of colleague and I went to a restaurant called Nooshi as a going away for one of the girls. She'll be going to Cameroon through the Peace Corps and we wanted to celebrate this next step in her life. We started with some edamame and I had a few pods. For my entree I got the Vegetarian Hot Pot which was a pot of vegetable soup with cellophane noodles, tofu, and veggies. I asked for extra veggies too. I maybe ate a third of this but it was delicious!!



Afternoon snack was a CSA white peach. Plus a bit later I broke into these guys after a week of pickling in my fridge :-D They are amazing!!

 

And I finally made it to the gym for some elliptical time! I have been feeling guilty about not going to the gym because I'm supposed to be "testing" my foot. Last night's workout felt better than Sunday's but it's shocking how slow I feel compared to my pacing in February! I did 2.25 miles in 23 minutes. It felt sooooo good to sweat. I think that workout plus walking errands really tired me out!

I had a couple of other errands to run and then it was dinner time. I had a bunch of things to use up in my fridge. Enter - BBQ Turkey Tacos!

First I diced and sauteed half a small onion and 2 cloves of garlic in some non-stick spray on the stove top. Then I added 4 chopped tomatoes and the large zucchini, diced, and sauteed with oregano and basil.

When the veg shortened a bit I set it aside and in the same pan, heated up a serving of chopped turkey and quarter cup of black beans. I added back about a cup of the sauteed veggies plus BBQ sauce and stirred it all up.

Served on 2 corn tortillas (that I ate about 1.5 of).



Dessert a while later was half of a large farm apple "baked" in the microwave. I sprinkled it with some cinnamon, syrup, peanut butter, and a few crushed Puffins.



This morning's breakfast was a muesli style bowl of overnight hot cereal. In the standard mix I added 1/4 of the same apple, diced, a few blueberries and topped it with 1/2T of peanut and almond butter.



Lunch was a salad with arugula, romaine, carrot, bell pepper, and pickle plus a turkey sandwich with red pepper spread, spinach on a toasted piece of Udi's whole grain bread.



Snack was some leftover veggies at work. I was excited to run a couple of errands after work but why for the life of me I thought it was smart to go to Target after work and during back-to-school weekend is beyond me. I got what I needed though so it was a successful trip!

It'd been a few hours since I'd eaten and was quite hungry when I got home. I whipped up the quickest thing I could think of - veggie fried rice! Plus another side salad.



I now have my feet propped up, am about to watch a movie, and unwind after a long, crazy, tiring week!

What are you up to this weekend??

No comments:

Post a Comment