Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I Like It When...

I listen to what my body is craving for breakfast as opposed to what I had planned:
(BRM hot cereal, buckwheat, almond milk, baby plum, cinnamon, blueberries, sliced almonds, almond butter and an egg white)



Said breakfast comes in a jar and holds me over for 4 hours to cure the Mystery of the Hunger Monster.



The morning flies by because I was busy but not so much when meetings go from 9am to 4pm, no joke.

I squeeze lunch in between meetings and inhale what I packed: a salad with spinach, roasted veggies, beets, tofu, 21 Seasoning Salute, dill.



I get to finish said lunch after my last meeting - it is another excuse to graze all day! Plus there was some hummus with 1/3 a serving of Food Should Taste Goods.

To-dos get prioritized over the gym. Now, I normally don't do this but for my sanity, I knew that if I went to pilates class I would feel rushed, end up staying up late, and create unnecessary stress for myself.

I'm done packing before the sun sets.

Dinner combines some of my favorite things: okra fries, a mini caprese salad, and pasta with spinach, tomato sauce, various spices, and mozzarella cheese. Even better - all of these got me one step closer to cleaning out my fridge before I leave.



Productivity continues after dinner and I even manage to digest a bit and enjoy dessert. I had the last half a serving of vanilla soy ice cream with mango, berries, and I might go search for another little bite of something.



I get to relax, catch up on some blog reading, feel motivated and inspired by a mother's dedication, and go to sleep knowing I get to see my own mama (and dad and brother) tomorrow night for a delicious and relaxing long weekend!



What did you like about your day? Clearly, I am trying to look at the bright side of things as of late.

3 comments:

  1. I must tell you that I seriously love your blog. Its def one of my favs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to be home and relaxed :) No shame in trying to look on the bright side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just days away from OIAJ -- trying to eat down that jar of AB as fast as possible. ;)

    ReplyDelete