Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow!

Happy Saturday everyone!  It's kind of funny how the mind works.  All day yesterday I was wishing and wishing for snow and after deciding on using this morning to run errands, the snow has of course arrived today instead.  It was falling pretty heavily about an hour ago so I'm hoping to still be able to venture out in a bit. I do have to admit that it's kind of pretty :-)




I had an egg white sandwich with a sliced pear for breakfast while lounging on the couch.  One mug of green tea down, it's time for a second (and decaffeinated) mug soon to stay warm!



Yesterday was a strong contender for best work day so far. The office was unusually quiet and empty and I felt like my old self - able to focus and be productive! The Type-A in me really enjoyed this unusual treat AND made me forget about the frigid temps!

Lunch was a mix of leftovers - tofu and rice from Java Green as well as roasted kale, beets, and brussels.



After work I came home, cleaned up a bit, had an apple, and then was off to meet up with a few friends for dinner.  We tried a new restaurant called Rice and were underwhelmed with the experience.  I am not sure if I ordered wrong or what, but I had to send my 1st dish back and pick something else. The dish I ended up with was so-so but not very filling.

A couple of us crossed town back to Foggy Bottom for a former colleague's birthday party and then it was time to head home.  I had a fitful night of sleep because I think I got glutened (or something else) and wound up with an allergic reaction before bed! No fun but feeling much better today.

Alright, it's time to brave the elements! Have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment