Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Roasted Veggie Garden

Tonight seems to have flown by and I'm ready for bed!  Lunch was black bean tacos, using romaine leaves as my shell. There are 2 big buckets of pickles in our office fridge (a gift to the VP from a local business) so I sampled a few of those as well. 




My appetite never rebounded from lunch but I munched on an apple around 4:30 because I had a late afternoon meeting. I didn't get home to tackle my night's to-dos until 6:15 and was ready to get down to business.. On my list:
  • laundry
  • cook dinner
  • prep for a 9pm conference call
  • conduct conference call
  • put laundry away
  • wash mountain of dishes
It may not sound like a lot but since I don't have a washer / dryer in my apartment anymore, I was on my feet and going back and forth between the laundry room and my apartment.

Luckily, I had decided to roast veggies for part of dinner - I had a huge craving!  I chopped up: 
  • 1 medium beet
  • 1 small sweet potato
  • 4 small potatoes (1 purple, 1 white, 2 red)
  • 1/2 parsnip, peeled and sliced





I sprayed a foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray, layed out my veggies, seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic, and roasted in the oven at 415 degrees for about 25 minutes (or the washer cycle  :-)  ). On a separate pan I roasted up a batch of brussel sprouts!




Sorry for the excitement, but this nerd was literally looking forward to this meal alllllll afternoon. I served up some brussels, beets, and potato mix (dipped in organic ketchup, thanks to my Omnivore's Dilemma reading) and also made a slice of cheese toast.



 

 

 


My post-call dessert was a sliced pear with a dab of PB, cinnamon, and a few raisins. And, of course, a bit of Chex!




I'm already looking forward to more roasted veggies for lunch and am putting myself to bed to get my much needed 8 hours of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment