Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK Day

Happy MLK Day! Whether you are working or have the day off, I hope that you do at least 1 thing today that embodies the spirit of MLK. I can hardly believe that last year, in the midst of inauguration festivities, I attended a Feeding America event thanks to a close family friend. I had the honor of meeting a few celebrities who are involved with the charity and also got to hear MLK III speak which was inspiring!







 David Arquette and me
 
 Me and Josh Groban
 



It's been a sunshine filled day so far and I've already spent some quality time outside, walking to the grocery stores (yes, I go to multiple stores on a weekly basis).  I'm looking forward to heading back out for a walk or a run. I'm pretty sore in my arms, shoulders, and upper back from yoga yesterday. It must have been all of those flows of planks to chaturangas to downward facing dogs.

I also want to share this article I found from the Gluten Intolerance Group. Since I have been gluten-free since I was a kid, I often forget how overwhelming it can be when making the transition from a gluten-filled to a gluten-free diet. I like the suggested step-by-step approach they share and remember going through this same process when I was first diagnosed.

Alright, time to enjoy the sun. Have a good afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment