Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Blueberry Morning

I did it again - I stayed up past my bedtime reading more of the Omnivore's Dilemma. I seem to have gotten over the "hump" and now can't seem to put the book down!

The clouds and light rain outside my window this morning inspired me to start my day with some blueberries added into my hot cereal.




In the mix: BRM hot cereal (a little less than 1/4c), ~1 tbsp buckwheat groats, ~1/4c baked sweet potato, 1/4c frozen blueberries (cooked in the microwave with the cereal), 1 c water, drizzle of syrup, 1/2 T PB. Yum! It smelled like Thanksgiving, warm and cozy, and the blueberries added a nice twist.

It's off to work for the day and then a few errands, laundry, and a conference call tonight.  I made a black bean taco filling to put in romaine lettuce "taco shells" for lunch.






In a pan sprayed with cooking spray, I combined: 1/2c black beans, 1/4c corn, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, 1/3c frozen spinach, 1/3c frozen bell pepper strips. I plan to top it with a pinch of 2% Mexican cheese and a toasted corn tortilla. Hopefully I'll stay full for the afternoon!




Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment