Monday, January 18, 2010

Zen-Inspired Evening

Somewhere in between putting away groceries and turning on Ellen, my motivation for another walk / run outside flew out the window. I had been outside all morning long so I didn't feel too bad AND I was able to tackle a lot of my to-do list for the week. It was a win-win overall.

Before heading to the gym, I fueled up with an apple and a slice of toast with PBJ.



I was early for yoga so I walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes at 4.0 with a 1.0 incline.  Our usual yoga teacher was away so a friend, Amy, taught our class tonight.  I had such an easier time focusing tonight than I usually do - perhaps because I really needed to stretch out my stiffness from yesterday? Or because it was my 2nd day in a row to do yoga? Either way, it felt great to do more yoga (and I really liked savasana at the end!).

Not quite hungry from my late afternoon snack, I decided to go ahead and made lunch for tomorrow.  On the menu: Tofu & Veggie Fried Rice. I've been craving Asian food and this recipe is quick and easy plus it used up some of the food in my fridge! You could adapt this to use any veggies you have in your fridge or freezer.

Tofu & Veggie Fried Rice
1/5 block extra firm tofu, pressed to remove water, diced
1/2c cooked brown rice
1/3c frozen peas and corn
1/4c chopped broccoli
1 T liquid egg white (all I had left)

leftover roasted green beans

garlic powder, soy sauce

First, stir-fry tofu in a frying pan sprayed with cooking spray until the cubes are browned. Remove from pan.




Respray pan and add peas, corn, broccoli, and green beans. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes until heated through. Then add rice and cook for another minute or so.




Add tofu, garlic powder, and soy sauce and stir until mixture is heated through. Drizzle egg on top and stir until cooked. Voila!




By the time I finished, I was hungry for dinner so I had a salad as I quickly whipped up some more fried rice. Now, I'm munching on a pear and cereal before getting ready for bed. It's back to work tomorrow after a nice and relaxing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment